Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

Growth Spurt

We have had a growth spurt here in the Commune, but instead of goats, it is with new suckers..err members.  A few weeks ago Dan joined the group, and now Jen and Desi are joining in the experience as well.  The more the merrier, spread the wealth, many hands make light work, and all that.  For me it just means less times I have to milk.  This is the time of the year that my hay fever reaches a fevered (hah) pitch and as soon as I walk into the barn I start to get that itch in my throat, that one that sits right near the back where you can only scratch it with your tongue and while scratching it feels ohh soo nice, but the second you stop it is torture so you don't want to stop but while that itching feels good, it sounds like you are choking so everyone nearby looks at your funny and runs over and starts giving you the Heimlich.  Then the sneezes start and the snot faucet turns on.  Pure misery. 

I know Trent would say that it is because I'm not drinking the goat milk, if I did it would cure my allergies, as well as my greying hair.  To that I say:  I've been taking a spoon full each morning along with my vitamins.  So far no luck.  However I don't think my heart is really in it so that could be holding me back.

Nevertheless, welcome new members!

No comments:

Post a Comment